Blogs > N-H Media Lab and Archive

Following the happenings of The News-Herald Community Media Lab, as well as the library and archive, where we're digging to find historic people, places, events and things to see how much the times have changed or how much they have stayed the same.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Front pages: Bin Laden killed

One year ago today, President Barack Obama interrupted Sunday night television programming to announce that terrorist leader Osama bin Laden had been killed in Pakistan.



I had the pleasure of doing the front page for the May 2, 2011, paper. While at work that night, I was happy with how I reworked my page, but after seeing other front pages on Newseum, I'm bummed that I couldn't have come up with something better.

Even before the news broke, May 1 had made for an interesting shift at work. We were switching to a smaller template (from 11.625-by-21 inches to 9.9-by-20.3 inches), and that was the first night we were doing deadline pages in that format. 

My crack team of news-deskers that night included Danielle Capriato and Tricia Ambrose. I would not have been able to get the paper switched around if they didn't jump in immediately to help out with updating our website and sending our other pages to the pressroom.

More coverage from that night:


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home